There has been a school in Nether Alderley since 1628. The first Nether Alderley School (for boys only) was built by the Stanley family and is located at St Mary's, now the parish hall. This was one of the first free schools in the whole of the country!
In 1822 a school was built on the current site by the Stanley family to educate the local girls.
In 1867 the school was extended.
In 1907 the boys moved over and the school became co-ed.
In 1982 Over Alderley Primary School closed and pupils transferred to Nether Alderley.
The numbers of pupils attending the school has increased over time and the original building has been modified and extended many times.
In 2001, after many years of pupils being taught in mobile classrooms, a brand new teaching block was opened.
In 2014 the school transferred to academy status and formed the Fallibroome Trust with tthree other schools: The Fallibroome Academy, Broken Cross Primary School and Winsford High School.
" The Eaglet" school magazine, published September 1929.